Directory of Only a Few of
The Flute Network's Other Favorite Links
Last revised: April 20, 2013
In addition to the Web links provided in the "Who's Who of Advertisers" , The Flute Network is proud to suggest these additional Internet links for your consideration and consultation. To the best of our knowledge, all links to sites included here are to legitimate companies with helpful web pages. However, it is sad to have to also add this note: due to the recent misadventures of some few rogue internet scoundrals, we must caution that The Flute Network can take no responsibility for what you may find upon arrival, nor the "treatment" you may receive there. Still, we do strive to be concientious in minding our links -- if you do encounter something dis-satisfactory, please let us know. We may or may not be able to do anything about it, but Our Policy on Honesty does indeed apply here as well.
Larry Krantz Home Page
- A wonderfully rich resource, including information about how to joint an active and lively
mail discussion group called "Flute"! This is probably the single most important flute-related site available on the web today (next to our own, of course!), and we at the Flute Network are particularly pleased to endorse it as worthy of your bookmark!
Wonderful Winds - Inspirational Music for Woodwinds
- Wonderful Winds publishes a unique collection of expertly arranged wind ensemble music. We are dedicated to providing a whole new repertoire of exciting music for
ensembles of all standards. All our pieces are created by specialist musicians with an expert understanding of the instruments they write for, resulting in music
that will inspire and delight players from beginners to professionals, and their audiences.
Shakuhachi Flute - in the Netherlands!
The Blocki Flute Method
- Just learned of this new opportunity for folks to explore this lovely instrument, located in Europe - all the details at their webpage!
All teachers of flute need to know about Kathi Blocki and the wonderful, creative, and fun tools she's developed to take the teaching of flute to whole new dimensions.
Do check out their newest offering - the newly designed Pneumo Pro:
Flute Acoustics... beautifully explained!
- Ever wonder about how flute acoustics actually work? This website is offered by the School of Physics of the University of New South Wales, in Sydney Australia -- and it's recently been made generally available to the public. Well worth exploring and bookmarking for future reference...
- Christopher Caliendo is a composer, publisher, teacher, and recording artist who is increasingly being recongized for his exciting work for flutists... you've also likely heard his work in movie scores too! Check out his latest news at his website (link given above).
Little Tooters - by Gail Williams
- Looking for a gift for a flutist - and/or an extremely worthy and justifiable indulgence for yourself? You've got to see these cute creations by Gail Williams, just now being made widely available (of all that were brought to the NFA Convention in Atlanta in 1999, there wasn't a single one left within an hour of their being put out!) -- There are lots of pictures at this webpage, but it loads very quickly and is definitely worth checking out!
TONY BINGHAM OFFERINGS
- Well known for his adventurous spirit and marvelous nack for finding truly wonderful musically related things, Tony Bingham's store in London, England now has a website!
If you can't get to the *real thing*, a web-visit is the next best option. Here you can find the some of his current offerings of instruments, books and iconography -- well worth a bookmark and frequent visits!
Tony Bingham, 11 Pond Street, London, England NW3 2PN.
Tel:+44 (0) 20 7794 1596
Fax:+44 (0) 20 7433 3662
Just Flutes, of London, England
- Walt Laforet of Fountainville, PA is the person responsible for this marvelous website -- you can find jewelry made with real flute parts, t-shirts, refurbished flutes, an F.A.Q., and all kinds of advice... it's most certainly worth bookmarking this one, as it's a place worth spending some time and lots of fun to explore.
Steve Lindsay - Hand Engraving
- Just Flutes is a full service establishment. This includes keeping an awesome selection of print music available, offering repair and service on intruments... actually, you really need to see their site and/or review their extensive catalog to get a sense of all they offer. Even though they are located in England, they already have sincere fans all around the world.
- We frequently have had requests for info about engraving on flutes, and finally - here's a good site we're pleased to recommend for more information about that topic! Steve Lindsay is an experienced engraver (especially on flutes) and his site describes fully the kinds of services he can help with. You'll also find a nice selection of links to other flute related web sites here. In our unbiased opinion, this site is well worth investigating!
National Flute Association
- A membership organization for flutists; U.S. based, but also has members worldwide.
Another way to reach this organization:
Phyllis T. Pemberton, Executive Director
PO Box 800597
Santa Clarita, CA 91380-0597
Phone: 805-297-5287 (voice); FAX number: 805-297-0753
Cavallaro Case Covers
- You've seen them mentioned as an asset in the instruments-for-sale listings -- here's where to find out more about them. Excellent protection for valuables of
all kinds, sizes and shapes - and readily available through many local sources. (Link updated 9/18/04 -- from http://www.coloradocase.com... if the one above won't go through, try this one!)
Falls House Press - Music Publishers
Andrew Crawford - Finest Quality Handcrafted Wooden Instrument Cases
- Looking for something "new" and "different" for your next concert, or just for the fun of it? Falls House Press' Website is certainly worth a visit! They say it best on their cover page - "Falls House Press is a flute music publishing company dedicted to the discovery and reproduction not only of flute music that is out of print, but to publishing new, top quality repertoire as well."
- If you're looking for that perfect case for that perfect flute, you've GOT to see this website. Andrew Crawford is a "box maker" (and a Baroque flute player!), specializing in finest quality handmade jewellery, games, collector's and artist's boxes, humidors, tea caddies, musical instrument and display cases and much more. All pieces are designed and handmade to the individual requirements of the customer with the intention of creating unique items that will be cherished heirlooms for many generations to come. Even though he's located in England, he prefers to work directly with individuals -- so feel free to write him directly with your questions.
- Online commercial flute sales and service store, including an extremely thorough and browsable flute library.
Instructional Video Tapes of Marcel Moyse
- Information about videotapes and other resources about the legendary flute teacher Marcel Moyse is now available at this website. Also here is information about the Marcel Moyse Society, their activities and how to join.
- Monty H. Levenson of Willits, CA offers a "total resource" for Shakuhachi - the traditional Japanese bamboo flute. You'll enjoy visiting here!
All text and graphics, Copyright © The Flute Network and others, 2004. All rights reserved.